In a world where you hear so much about Search Engine Marketing and Social Media, do not ignore your other digital assets you have been building over time. What asset you ask? Your customer email list of course.
Everyday, I receive an email from Groupon and Living Social. These emails make those companies millions of dollars a day. For years you have been asking your clients for their information. Information you can use to follow up, let them know of new specials or even a new service/product you now offer. Mining this customer goldmine is smart business.
Here are some helpful tips for your emails:
(1) 5 Seconds and 50 Characters. You have 5 seconds to grab their attention and 50 characters to do it. Put a lot of thought into your subject line. After all, it is the most important factor in getting your email opened.
(2) Tell your reader what is in it for them.
(3) Don't be misleading.
(4) Don't use the same subject line ever.
(5) Have original content. Readers will stop reading your messages if they see the same thing over and over.
(6) Don't use CAPS all the time. Online that is considered yelling and people hate being yelled at.
(7) Don't have your subject line get cut off.
To read more about email advertising, read the article linked below. To discuss other ways to mine online gold, give me a call to setup your free consultation.
I am Alan Moore and my job as an Internet Marketing Consultant with ReachLocal Baltimore is to help you grow your business through online advertising! Give me a call at (877)655-3438 to schedule a free consultation.