Word of mouth “advertising” is great but how many businesses closed their doors in the past few years because WOM did not exactly ring the cash register enough? Attracting new customers, patients, clients, enter your catchphrase for the people who pay you money for your goods and services is the lifeblood of a business. People move, they die, they cut their spending, have a bad experience, etc. All of these things leave your business with one less person to generate revenues from.
So how do you get new clients in the digital age? Via a multi pronged online marketing strategy, of course, which encompasses some or all of the following:
- Search engine marketing – targeted pay per click advertising geared towards the profile of client you wish to attract.
- Search engine optimization – content marketing done right gives the search engines what they want (fresh content) and in return they give you what you want (high organic placement).
- Social media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, OH MY! Everyone is on social media sites and by everyone, I mean your clients. Be there, be active and ask people to follow your business.
- Video – Google loved online videos so much they bought YouTube, now the second largest search engine behind its owner Google.
- Reputation management – what people say about you online, both good and bad, is super important. Pay attention to it and reap the benefits. Ignore it and get slaughtered. You customers search for your reviews online now more than ever. Get your happy customers saying good things about you before someone says something bad.
There are a lot of things you can do within the online marketing space and everyone nowadays with a laptop and a credit card claims they are an expert. Do your due diligence, meet with a few of them then give me a call and see what we are actually doing for businesses just like yours all around the country.
What online marketing strategies are you using? What kinds of results are you seeing? How has online marketing impacted your bottom line?
About Alan Moore: Alan is an Internet Marketing Consultant with ReachLocal Baltimore. His mission is to help you increase your revenues and decrease unproductive advertising expenses through proven, online marketing strategies. He manages over $1,600,000 in yearly marketing budgets and has worked with local businesses, agencies and the US government. Give him a call at (877)655-3438 to schedule a Free Online Marketing Consultation.