UCLA Hall of Fame basketball coach John Wooden said a lot of memorable things during his 99 years of life. Here are a few of my favorites:
- "Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do."
- "The most important key to achieving great success is to decide upon your goal and launch, get started, take action, move."
- "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
- "Never mistake activity for achievement."
- "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
- and my personal Wooden favorite, "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but what you should have accomplished with your ability."